Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Happy Heart Ombre Day

Today's card is for an Ombre Challenge over at Mod Squad.  I love combining brands; your options become even more endless.  We have a little bit of Papertrey Ink, Gina K Designs, My Favorite Things, Stampin' Up, and misc. contents of bins, boxes, hangers and jars from my dungeon.

First I embossed light pink card stock with a heart embossing folder, and flipped it over for a de-bossed look.  Then started building my layers with stitched scallop dies and patterned paper.  My ombre effect is the intentional light stamping of the black rectangles, I also used 3 different pinks underneath (Angel, Bubblegum, and Passionate) to give a striped pattern, and used a heart stencil on top with Bubblegum Pink, and Passionate Pink.  Watercolor Words by Stampin Up was used for the focal sentiment, as the stamp itself gives a bit of an ombre effect as well.

After I had the entire thing put together and finished, I smudged black ink from my finger, so as a last ditch attempt to save it, because it was right in the middle, I hauled out my MFT splatter stamp, and tried to cover it up.  Success!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Don't you love it when you can save something that may have been a mistake? you card is gorgeous and a great job on the ombre. Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad Challenge this week. Good luck, you get two chances to win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh geez, I'm always smudging stuff - or getting ink all over the back after I have sponged and forgot to wipe off my work surface. Anyway, good save!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card. Especially the splatters, and the wonky corner treatments. Just so cute and clever, and over-the-top creative. Well done my dear!!!

    ReplyDelete